Author: Jesse Holland
Slate nature the more critical a house is, the more attention it requires. This is the case of single-family homes and chalets, which, to enjoy them, need some additional improvements. For example, the lighting of the exterior: your home will gain in security and decoration if you decide to install a system that gives light to both the facade of the house and the gardens.
Lighting an exterior can have different purposes: to be able to work in the shadows, create a comfortable environment, protect against intruders or merely avoid collisions with possible obstacles. The number of lights to be placed will already depend on each one, but we will always pass the cables under the ground or camouflaged in a wall.
Once chosen the models of lamps that best suit your style and your home, you have to get down working with the right tools.
Any outdoor light must be prepared for inclement weather. Therefore, in the case, we will find the letters IP followed by two numbers, which indicate the degree of protection of the lamps. The first number shows the resistance of the material to the powder. In this type of lights, you must mark at least 4 of a scale that goes up to 6.
The second number refers to the degree of impermeability of the light. The scale goes up to 7 (they can be submerged), but it cannot be less than 3, which means that it can withstand rain that is not very strong. From 4 the light can already withstand the force of a jet of water. We recommend that you do not choose an IP of the degree lower than 44.
On the other hand, lights and, in general, all devices with metallic elements must be protected from the risk of causing electric shocks. There are class II that have double insulation and do not require grounding. Class I lamps do need a ground connection (yellow / green cable). Also, it is advisable to take special precautions; that is why we recommend installing a 30 mA differential circuit breaker exclusively for connecting the installation of outdoor lights.
We can choose two types of lamps:
Chalkboard nature The incandescent is the most ‘normal’ and produce ambient light. The intensity of the light will vary depending on the bulb that we put in the socket (75 or 100 watts). The choice of the model is entirely personal, but the most common are the balloons or lampposts.
Halogens produce a robust and concentrated beam of light to where they are focused. They also give off a lot of heat and get to burn, so we have to have some caution.
How high are they?
We will fix the lamps at a height higher than a person, never at eye level because it would dazzle us. If what we are looking for is to illuminate a large area and also to make a deterrent effect, we will elevate them more so that they cannot even access them.
We must avoid as long as we can pass the cables on the outside of the facade. Apart from being unsightly, it’s not at all safe. Once we know where we will place the light, we will make a hole in the wall with a stone drill with a diameter larger than that of the cables.
Making the electrical contacts is very simple. Having removed the light first, we will peel the ends of the cables and fix them to the lamp holder (we will never join the wires interlacing them with each other, we will use a terminal strip). It’s just about joining the same color threads. If the lamp has metallic elements, you must connect the ground wire (yellow/green).… Read More
Nowadays it is a tricky business to keep a warm house and very tough task for everyone. The houses which built before 1940 were not at all insulated, and they were ancient to use for a long time. In 1880 Newton developed some farmed house with the little amount of insulation. It was a balloon framed house which has very less capacity for insulation.
In this present era, many options are available for insulation like market and selecting the appropriate right choices for the houses. It also depends on to the several factors of the room like the very cost-effective, energy-efficient and thermal option. Some tips are shared for the project of house insulation. Read more at electrician sydney.
- How to feel the need of insulation?
First of all, one should check out whether the house has the attic insulation of not which can fill with ceiling joists of many colorful fibreglasses. You can also test the walls from an exterior side with patched holes which are a telling indication of blow-in insulation.
The old type of houses comes under the category of drafty places, and there is an option leakage of warm air from multitude areas. There are many chimneys, and fireplaces exclusive of operational dampers are very stereotypes.
- Usage of existing insulation – Earlier people used to apply old techniques for insulation which form in the interior of the walls. In late 1800 the first insulation were consists of many mundane materials like corn cobs, newspaper.
- A form of insulation should be used – Insulation can be classified into four essential parts like batts (glass fibers, wools, and cotton), loose fill (mineral or glass fibers). The best insulation used for a house is loose fill since its quality of installing another type of insulation. It can be easily installed at terrible places with the effect of proper finishing. The recommendation has been made by NPS use lousy fill cellulose insulation which can be prepared with ammonium and aluminum sulfate
- Places to install insulation – It has been said that most heat loss occurs through the roof which changes the atmosphere of the room. As you know that the balmy air can go up and fresh air to go down. The primary place where the attic is uncompleted the insulation should be kept on the floor.
- Controlling of moisture problems – At the time of installation of insulation, the moisture problems should be managed. The level of moisture problems gets increased due to detaching of paint and rotting wood, etc. In the climate of northern side moisture from the area of living spaces can cause lots of troubles when it gets attached to walls.
- Alternative options – There are many varieties insulation products are available in the market which is very environment-friendly. The insulation made from recycled newspaper which can also be the right product for restoration. They are very efficient for fire and protective against insects in the house. It is very compatible with every type of home.